Reducing the Cost of Ownership
The need to get best value will be achieved through lowering the on-going cost of maintaining your Intrusion Prevention during its life and extending the asset life to make the best of any existing and any proposed Capital Expenditure.
Maintaining your IT security does not need to be expensive
Traffic IQ helps in the risk management process when considering the range of protection that may be achieved using a given product and understanding the likelihood of being able extend the useful life of the security devices by tuning them to a higher level rather than just look at replacing everything with today's "wonder solution".
Any security device implementation can be complex with several factors affecting the overall cost of deployment, maintenance and upkeep. All of these should be considered at time of purchase and over the course of the useful life of the solution.
Traffic IQ makes the task of maintaining your IPS solution less time consuming and easier, with functionality that allows repeatable audits that can be carried out regularly to meet compliance requirements. Savings can be made at the same time.
- On-going Support –the annual fees paid to the vendor.
- Upkeep – the time required to apply periodic updates and patches from vendors, including hardware, software, and protection (signature/filter/rules) updates.
- Change Management – the time required to configure the policy such that the best possible protection is applied while reducing or eliminating false alarms and false positives.
With Traffic IQ there is an ROI, select the right IPS for your organisation, reduce the on-going support cost whilst maintaining high levels of security, and extend the life of what you have, all at very little cost. This will result in a substantial return in financial terms.
Upgrading Equipment is Not the Only Option
When budgets are tight the financial risks involved in Capital Expense is in danger of outweighing the reduction in risk from new security device expenditure.
Upgrading equipment, at great expense, is no longer the only option. It should be the last option.
Management can no longer share the excitement of the 'users' when they test drive the new and improved models only to find out later that, after much change cost, it is discovered that the latest and greatest gave no improvement over the devices being replaced. Often show stopping flaws can be introduced into the production environment. The result of such change can be lost time and unwanted cost.
Upgrading to new Intrusion devices does not only use up the allocation of capex budgets. It will also add cost through potential increases in:
- On-going Support – the annual fees paid to the vendor
- Installation – the time required to place, configure it, put it into the network, and apply updates and patches
- Initial tuning, and set up desired logging and reporting
- Training in new processes introduced with new equipment
- Upkeep – the time required to apply periodic updates and patches from vendors, including hardware, software, and protection (signature/filter/rules) updates
- Change Management – the time required to configure the policy such that the best possible protection is applied while reducing or eliminating false alarms and false positives
- Traffic IQ empowers the user in all areas, from initial 'bake-off', through keeping that device at optimum performance, to ensuring that maximum life is obtained from the capital investment
- Capex budgets can be reduced
- Budgets can be released and allocated to business systems
- Support costs are reduced
- The depreciation costs can be reduced and even result in a write back.
Management will be interested in reducing risk but they have a business to run so anything that also gives an ROI will welcomed, especially from a cost center.
If you would like more information, please click the button below to contact idappcom.