Increase Threat Detection
idappcom's IQ Solutions products and high quality security rules can assist you in increasing network based threat detection, significantly lowering risk to your organisation.
Increase Threat Detection
Enhance and accelerate your security defences.
In easily repeatable tests, it can be demonstrated that the industries most widely deployed IDS/IPS systems can still leave your network open to attack. Misconfiguration combined with poor quality or nonexistent security rules only adds to the problem.
Regular industry tests like those performed by NSS, show a significant failing by security devices to identify and mitigate the latest threats and security evasion techniques with both a default and vendor tuned policy applied.
idappcom are striving to resolve this situation by providing threat data and high quality security rules to its customers, specifically design to identify and block the latest threats and security evasion techniques.
Applying high quality idappcom security rules to your existing network security devices can not only dramatically increase threat detection capabilities, but also extend the life of those appliances.
Threat Detection Comparison
Significantly increased threat detection.
In regular tests, it can be demonstrated that the highest levels of threat detection and mitigation can be achieved by applying high quality security rules to your existing security devices.
The graph below depicts the actual detection results of a security system tested using the latest security rules from snort VRT Team, and then tested again using the latest security rules from idappcom.
The lab scenario used during our regular comparisons is very simple and easy to replicate. For example;
- Run the latest version of the snort IDS product with a default policy, configured appropriately
- Apply the latest snort security rules from the snort VRT team
- Run attacks from the idappcom Traffic IQ Library and record the results
"We always run threats that are at least one month old against the latest snort rules to give the IDS system the best chances of successful threat identification."
- Apply the security rules from the idappcom Traffic IQ Library
- Run the same attacks again and record the results
A simple, direct comparison of the results will clearly demonstrate a "significant" increase in threat detection, with increased accuracy and an extremely low probability of false positive.
"idappcom high quality security rules from the Traffic IQ Library are regression tested against the complete library of attacks to eradicate false positives and ensure accuracy and consistency".
If you would like more information, or to download Traffic IQ Professional and the Traffic IQ Library, please click the a button below.
- April 2013 Traffic File update is now available, and contains 252 new traffic files and corresponding threat data
- Download the latest version of Traffic IQ Professional v2.0.303
- Traffic IQ Library now available online with more than 6,200 articles and security rules
- September 2012 - Idappcom announce a new source for IPS/IDS/UTM snort based security rules
idappcom - Auditing, verifying and enhancing the capabilities of corporate security defences.